Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow Days

We got snow for Christmas, they even closed the roads for two days. Dedrick and I spent Christmas afternoon shoveling.

Then we come to snow days for the school system, they have 7 snow days scheduled into the calendar. This last week we used 2 of the snow days. What makes me laugh is that we didn't have snow for either of those days. Both days were cold and sunny, the school district decided to cancel school for freezing temperatures. Yeah, that is right for the temperature, and not snow.

When I was in school, I only had one snow day my entire school years. We had many half days for when the volcano's would erupt.

So my kids get two four day weekends, this weekend I understand for holiday. Most parents would make sure that their kids are bundled according to the weather. So why I ask you, WHY did we have two snow days!!!

Here is some fun pictures of my silly kids!

Kids sharing music!


Bowling Shoes, by Kaliska


3 comments:

Hillary said...

They close schools here for cold days too. It has to be about -20 before they'll do it though. I went somewhere when it was that cold a couple of years ago and the place was closed because the door had frozen shut!

Bumblebee said...

It was 10 degrees above zero!

Big Mama LeAnne said...

How fun! Totally stupid that they closed the school for cold weather but I guess they are protecting those kids whos parents just dump them off at 7 in the morning rain or shine! Either way My Kids Loved It!