Thursday, January 28, 2010

ER

We have been lucky since we moved here. The kids have not had any health concerns or major accidents. Tuesday morning about 3:40am, Becca wakes up in a panic because she is having a hard time breathing. For those who know Becca, she doesn't get sick all that often. So she comes into my room crying, telling me she can not talk right. But I notice she is having trouble breathing. The breathing gets worse as she gets more upset, because she doesn't understand what is happening.

I than try calming her down the best I can, wake up Dedrick, and find the closest hospital. I know what your thinking, we should have know were the closet hospital was. So we call 911, and they sent an ambulance and fire truck to the house sirens an all.They ask if she has asthma, thinking it was something easy. They asked if she showed any symptoms of being sick. Which she didn't of course.

After they got her on oxygen and loaded in the ambulance, off to the hospital we went. On the way they figured out she had Croup! That is right, croup. I was in shock, because it happened between going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 3:40am.
They gave her steroids treatment, did an x-ray, them sent us home with a prescription. We were there for about three hours.

The funny part is, she has not had any problems since then. It is just very strange.

I just want to thank the wonderful firefights that came to the house, and my wonderful father-inlaw Howard!

1 comment:

Spring said...

Glad she's okay! How scary!