Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lost

We all get lost! I like getting lost, for some strange reason. When I'm in a new place getting lost is a good way to find your way around. By getting lost, we find out who we are and what we can do.

Everyone gets lost in someway, and must find their way home. We can be children, adults, seniors, inmates, lawyers, etc.. looking for the path to who they are. We try our best to do what our parents want from generation to generation. Sometimes we fall, and can not find the way back. Some have religion, some are alone, some have friends and family.

How do you know who is lost? Can they be a homeless person on the street or maybe the CEO of a big company. We all wear masks to hide from the world. I know I wear a mask because I am always lost and can never find my way back. I did not come from a good home. I was not living, but surviving!

Surviving is not a good way to live, you can miss out on the joys of life. For most people surviving is the only way they know, others live. Getting lost is all they know, how they get through life.

We journey in this life to find answers for who we are, why we are here and find a place for ourselves. I know I am lost, yet I will put on my mask and pretend everything is OK.

By getting lost, I was able to find who I was and live not survive. From my life, I came to respect who I am.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Recognizing that we are lost let's us stop pretending and look around. Where am I? How did I get here? If I keep doing what I am doing, will I get what I want? Who is it safe to tell when I know I am lost...

Hugs. Suegra.

AdamAndMelaine said...

Wow, very deep. I agree. Getting lost is not always a bad thing. The times i have been lost in my life are the times I have learned the very most/drawn closer to my Father in Heaven than any other time.

I miss you Damian!