Wednesday, July 25, 2012

5K

So my friend Amanda and I have been training for a 5K. It has not been easy and kicked my butt the first few times I did it. The training is for eight weeks and we are entering week 5.

While running, I realized that I like to be active and lost the motivation years ago. I started playing sports in school to get away from my ugly home life. After playing for awhile I realize how much fun it was to be on a team and working together. After I graduated I stopped doing anything active except work and school. I stopped taking care of myself!!!


So training for the 5k makes me realize how I have been treated myself over the last few years. I feel better each time I run. I feel like I'm doing something good for my mind and body. I'm starting to see myself in a better light. Since I started running I can feel the difference in everything from endurance to getting steadier while running. For the first time in a long time I believe I can do anything. I start school in August and I am going to Scotland with girlfriends. I have 3 wonderful silly kids and husband who supports me 200%! 


With the help of good friends and family, also the love of our Savior I feel myself healing! 


Wish me luck in the 5K!   

No comments: