Sunday, June 19, 2011

Storm

So for the last few days we have had some wicked cool thunder storms. I love thunder and lighting storm, I think they are amazing wonders of nature. So on Friday I had to drive into Salina to get a few things. I left my house about 540pm, it takes about thirty minutes to get there, and the weather was nice and sunny. So after my shopping, I went to see a movie about 720pm, the weather was still nice and sunny. As the movie was ending it sounded like some people we jumping up and down on the roof. When I left the movie it was pouring rain outside. As I was leaving my husband called to let me know we had no power, the whole town was in the black till about 320am, and the power went out about 9pm. My family had a blast in the dark with flashlights and candles, then watching people get there cars stuck driving down the street because of all the water.

So with thunder+lighting+wind+rain+hail+no power= a wonderful family moment! (PS-we had all of that)


No comments: