Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bad Week

When Dedrick goes out of town we give the kids notice. The kids are general very good when it is just them and me. The last two weeks have been the worst! My children, the gremlins have been yelling, hitting, and causing major drama. I usually manage to calm everyone down and try to make everyone content. This week has not been the case, in any sense!

The weekend before Dedrick leaves, I enjoy some me time. That gives me time to just relax and clear my mind. Usually this helps keep my sanity, not this time around. I end up fight with the gremlins and making the matter worse! This week all of us need a time out from each other( I wish)!

Every night this week I have cried myself to sleep! Kaliska & Aidan just ignore everyone who bothers them! Becca just closes off, she wont make eye contact, wont talk, rocks herself!

Becca has Autism! She may look normal, do her best to be normal, and act like a seven year old! Yet, nobody see the struggles she goes thou or her family goes thou. When we have bad days, weeks, months; we are trying to understand her and our selves.

So this week of madness has been really hard on everyone! I hope tomorrow will be better for all of us. The kids do not have school, so we are going out to have lots of fun!

1 comment:

AdamAndMelaine said...

Oh Damian, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time! I cannot even imagine. You are an amazing mother. I have been having my share of "beat myself up syndrome" this past week as well. Hannah hits and yells at me all the time, and I'm starting to wonder if its because of my parenting. Being a mom is tough stuff. I'm trying to seek more help in prayer and trusting that the Lord can make up for my mistakes and help to heal my children. I will pray the same for you! Love you and miss you!