Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mother/Father's Day

Yes, you read that right!

Mother's Day
So being the silly mom I am, I enjoy getting stuff that I would use for around the house. So this year I wanted to get some jewelry with my three wonderful kids birthstones. So we went into a local jewelry store to see what they had. They did not have anything I liked, put they could order from a vendor called "Posh Mommy". They make tags with the kids names and birthstones. I loved it, two in one! So we ordered it a few days before Mother's day. They told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks.

I had not heard from them in over 8 weeks, so I gave them a call and they did not have the necklace. They said they would call the company and find out were it was. After I had talked to them I called my husband to let him know, he said he would stop by. When he got home he told me they shipped it over a week ago. Come to find out they shipped to a post office in California and lost it.

So they said the company would remake and we would go to the top of the list. They said we should have it in 10 day. It took another month to get to me, and on top of it they told us it would cost more then what they said. SO my wonderful husband went into the jewelry store to make sure they charged us the right price and the store honored their original price and gave us the silver chain. I finally have my mother's day gift three months later, I think I am not going to ask for jewelry for awhile.

Even after all the madness to get my mother's day gift, I love it very much. I am very grateful for my three wonderful kids!!

Click on Photo for better view!


Father's Day
OFF-ROAD REMOTE CONTROL TRUCKS!!! Whoo-hoo! I got a new Traxxas 1/10th scale Rustler off-road truck. I loved it so much I got one used for Becca and Aidan got one for his birthday and we can drive them together. One of the used ones worked fine as delivered, but the other one took hours of work and $$ of parts to get it running. Once I got that one running though, it's crazy fast (40 - 50 mph! where the others are 20 - 35 mph). It's a crazy hobby and if I let it, it will eat up lots of time and money, but it's a ton of fun I can share with the kids. Since we moved into our new house I haven't had much time to spend working on the trucks. I've been too busy with home improvement projects!




No comments: